A committee in the House is holding a hearing on September 18 about redistricting reform. We can’t all show up in Harrisburg, but we can make an impact so all state representatives know their constituents want reform before the 2021 redistricting cycle, not in 2031!
Plan to call your representative before and after! All representatives need to hear from their constituents.
- Top priority are members of the House State Government Committee.
- We need the support of representatives who aren’t committee members, too. Ask them to advocate for reform among their colleagues.
1. Find your state representative
To find out who your representative is or get their contact information, go to the PA General Assembly locator tool, then check the list below to find out if they are a member of the Committee.
- Chair: Garth Everett (R), District 84
- Minority Chair: Kevin Doyle (D), District 172
- Stephanie Borowicz (R), District 76
- Joseph Ciresi (D), District 146
- Pamela DeLissio (D), District 194
- Russ Diamond (R), District 102
- Matthew Dowling (R), District 51
- Cris Dush (R), District 66
- Isabella Fitzgerald (D), District 203
- Matt Gabler (R), District 75
- Seth Grove (R), District 196
- Joe Hohenstein (D), District 177
- Dawn Keefer (R), District 92
- Malcolm Kenyatta (D), District 181
- Jerry Knowles (R), District 124
- Andrew Lewis ((R), District 105
- Brett Miller (R), District 41
- Francis Ryan (R), District 101
- Louis Schmitt, Jr. (R), District 79
- Brian Sims (D), District 182
- Jared Solomon (D), District 202
- Craig Staats (R), District 145
- Wendy Ullman (D), District 143
- Joseph Webster (D), District 150
- Jeff Wheeland (R), District 83
2. Call your representative
If your representative is a committee member
- Before the hearing, use this script: “I can’t be in Harrisburg for the redistricting hearing, but I am very interested in the outcome. I support HB 22 and 23. What does Rep. X plan to say about redistricting reform?”
- After the hearing, use this script: “I couldn’t be in Harrisburg for the redistricting hearing, but I am very interested in the outcome. I support HB 22 and 23. What did Rep. X say about redistricting reform?”
If your representative is not a committee member
Use this script: “There’s a hearing about redistricting reform in the State Government Committee. I support creating an independent citizens redistricting commission. I’d like Rep. X to reach out to colleagues on that committee and ask them to support House Bills 22 and 23. I’ll call back after the hearing to ask who he/she was able to reach.”
Want to know more about your representative or find out if they are a co-sponsor? Look up your representative with our legislator look-up tool.
4. Tell us how it went!
Once you’ve talked with your legislator, tell us how it went. It will help us be better informed for future conversations.