The bills allow redistricting to be done by a Special Master if the commission is unable to agree on a plan. Is there a risk that person will be politically biased?

In the rare situation where the Redistricting Commission is unable to agree on a plan, a Special Master would be appointed by the PA Supreme Court.

Special Masters are commonly used in many areas of law when courts need to rely on individuals with specialized expertise to advise them. It is important to note that the Special Master would be: 

More about current legislation